Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What is this blog you speak of . . .

So if you haven't noticed it's been awhile since I've filled you in on the happenings of the Young family. Quite frankly we have been busier than snot and the last thing I have wanted to do after some very long days is sit down and type . . .

There is no way to catch you up on the nitty gritty of the past months in great detail so you will be getting a very abridged version.

. . . . so we closed on the house and that was a very rewarding experience, taking ownership of something is a huge sense of accomplishment, but at the same time a very daunting realization of the responsiblities that lie ahead.

Before heading up to San Angelo for the wedding, I had to get a few surprises lined up. I needed to get a New Matress for our King Size bed (thanks Mom and Dad) . . . and needed a refrigerator for the house. Cassie threw a wrench in my plans with her interviews but I told her I was down helping my Mom with a surprise project and we worked it out. Cass left on Sunday and Dad landed on Monday. We ended up getting everything done and Made it up to San Angelo on Wednesday.

The wedding was awesome . . . not much more to say about that. Here is the info to see the pictures.

Click HERE and the password is 14001

Check out the pictures if you haven't already, besides that Cassie was incredibly gorgeous, and I cried like a baby when she walked down the aisle . . nough said.

After the wedding flew by we headed out to the Honeymoon spot . . . and boy was that an adventure. My poor wife was exhausted from all of the days events and wanted to do nothing but go to bed and I surpised her with where we were staying. It was a little ranch out in the middle of nowhere and I only sort of new where I was going. We drove around in the pitch black on muddy roads for about an hour before we found this place, let's just say there have been moments in our relationship where Cassie was much happier with me. But we found the place and we had a great night . . .

The next morning we arrived bright eyed and bushy tailed and a send off brunch where the family and out of town guests enjoyed an awesome breakfast.

As we were packing the car I left a travel book for the Grand Caymans in Cassie's seat to let her know where the actual honeymoon would take place. She was completely surprised and elated

We got on the road and made the drive back to Houston, now at this point Cassie thought we were going to stay at the apartment for the night and get up at 2:30a.m. to catch our flight to the Caymand . . but I had some surprises in the works and I had to convince her to play a long. The problem was is she thought there wasn't anything at the house, but I had gone and got the matresses, set up the bed, bought sheets and blankets and pillows and had it all set up to surprise her. So after a lot of persuassion I convinced her that the drive would be much shorter and we would get more sleep if we just set up some palletts at the new house . . . well that worked for th emost part, but the woman still made me load up every blanket pillow and towel we had so she could bare the thought of sleeping on the ground. She was thrilled though and we got some shut eye.

The honeymoon was awesome, we went in the off season so nothing was crowded, the beach was beautiful, we did some really cool excursions and just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. I will put up a link to some pictures soon.

Since then we have just been busy moving and unpacking. Cassie has been working on school stuff night and day, but is getting the hang of it. I think she is overwhelmed with everyting that has to be done, being a first year teacher is a huge challenge.

Work for me is going good. Things are slowing down and I do not have as much to do, but I still enjoy going to work and cannot really complain about much.

This was just a refresher to get myself back in the groove, I will start keeping you all up to date with the details going forward.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3 months since your last post?? 2 months since you've called me!?? and STILL NO PICTURES POSTED OF YOUR HOUSE?! I don't mean it being built... I mean the house now!? You are SLACKIN' bro! Is married life THAT BUSY?! :P