Sunday, May 10, 2009

Austin Wedding

Well the Weekend was enjoyable, but too short.  Saturday I got up around 9:00 and threw on the gym clothes for a quick work-out.  I lifted some weights, and used the elliptical machine for about 45 minutes to start the day.  I then decided a quick dip in the pool would help cool me off, so I ran back and changed and then hung by the pool for about 45 minutes as well.  It's a great pool and it's a shame we have not been able to enjoy it more in the year we have lived here.  After taking a shower and getting ready, I had to iron a shirt for the wedding and then I was on the road to Austin.  

I made a few tops, one to get something for breakfast because my beautiful darling despises waking up and not being able to eat immediately, and since we were staying in a nicer hotel they did not have a free breakfast, and her second biggest pet peeve is having to pay for breakfast at a hotel.  So I took some time to make sure Sunday got off to a good start, I also forgot my belt in Houston so I had to stop at a Dillards and get a new belt.  

When I arrived at the wedding location I was hoping there would be a bathroom to change in, but I was sorely disappointed . . . so I stripped down in the parking lot and began to get dressed.  Now I was fortunate that I was a little early and there were only a few cars already there, but luck would have it as soon as I was pulling up my suit pants the bus from the hotel where most of the guests were staying pulled up for an early show.  It was a great deal of fun getting dressed to the tee, tie and jacket in the middle of a caliche parking lot, but I made it happen.  

The wedding was really a great event, the view was unbelievable and the company was par to none.  Of course we had our favorite photographer along for the ride so it was good to see Lacy and enjoy getting treated like celebrities as usual.  Lacy loves taking out photo's because we are such beautiful people . . . right Lacy!

After a long night of I do's, wedding cake, caramel apples, an ice cream bar, and plenty of boozers, we headed to the hotel for some much needed rest and relaxation.

The sheraton downtown was a great location, I asked for a downtown view if possible and we got upgraded for free so that was a huge plus, the view was great and the floor was a "preferred floor" so it was nice and quiet . . . after a little SNL, we were out like a light.

Today we met Mom, David and Ginny at the house to check up on the progress and show them some of the cool things that have ben happening.  We also took a few measurements to start preparing for the furniture and ideas of built-ins we have.  We ate dinner at a mexican food restaurant by the house that was really good.

Cassie has Bridals tomorrow, Lacy will be utilizing the Woodlands shopping area and Kimber will be helping Cassie with the hair and Make-up.

I will let you know how the week ahead is coming, more updates on the house to come.  Check out the Pic's.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

See! I READ YOUR BLOG!! haha.. that is hilarious... but you know...I didn't take many pics of you two at this wedding because... well.. Cassie knows! ;) haha... Anyway...so THAT is why Cassie said "We booked your hotel AND it has FREE BREAKFAST!" haha..I was wondering why she emphasized that... haha.. thats so great! Yall crack me up! :D I posted my favs on the blog of Lauren & Brian! you should check them outtt :D www.morethananimage.com/blog as if you didn't already know :D

Unknown said...

UMMMM.... can we maybe remove the picture of me?... YOU are a ***JERK*** JOSH! I'm going to make you look VERY ugly on your wedding day... you just watch!! You're face is going to have 18 pimples EVERYWHERE!

Josh said...

Oh, that's how you want to play, well I will take a few pictures you shot, use the blur feature, jack up the levels, and throw the color off in photoshop; print them on standard copier paper, and distribute them to all college campuses in Texas . . . sit back and watch your career go down the crapper my friend.