Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What's goin On?

Well as usual it has been a busy, hectic, stressful and event filled week thus far.  The house is coming along nicely, They began laying tile in the Kitchen and entry way yesterday and they were finishing up the laundry room, secondary bath and master this afternoon when Cassie stopped by to see how it was coming along.  Today Cassie drove around to all of the school in the Kingwood area and Humble area that she is interested in working with.  It took a lot of encouragement and persuasion, but she did it and I think she was pleasantly surprised with the response from the secretaries.  She was able to meet one principle, but asked to set up interviews with the rest of them, who knows if they will call her back or not, but she dropped off 12, so hopefully a few will get back with her.  The economy is tough right now, even for teachers and that is not helping Cassie worry any less.  I was talking to Mom and Dad last night about how much is going on and how stressful life has been the last few month's but we are nearing the end and we are ready for the much needed break.

This weekend Cassie's Mom will be coming to town for a wedding shower at the church and we are looking forward to her visit.  This will be the first time we have taken her out to the house and since so much has been done on it, she is in for a surprise.  

I am still working on getting in better shape for the wedding, I always seem to do good throughout the week, but as soon as the weekend roles around, all bets are off and I spend the next week getting back to the same point I was a week earlier.  I am going to force myself to work-out and eat right this weekend so I can stop the trend.  Cassie is cracking me up because she is trying to loose weight right a long with me (she in no way  needs to loose a pound), but she will go up a pound one day, down the next . . . she's not really loosing any weight but it's driving her crazy to see me loose weight.  It really is much easier for guys to loose weight in my opinion, I know exactly what to eat and how much I need to exercise to make it happen and it works every time.  

This week we are trying to finish up the design for the programs, get the invitations to the rehearsal dinner put together, print some pictures for the rehearsal dinner and knock a few other items off the list.  We have tons to do in my opinion, but I'm sure it will all get done.  I regret opening my mouth and volunteering to do any part of it, but they will look good (at least to the untrained eye).

We are going out to the house tomorrow and we will take pictures, there are a few new ones up from the painting, but it's difficult to notice much of a difference in my opinion, white it white.  The window did finally come in and the cabinets should be installed on Friday.  Fence might go up this weekend.  Stay tuned . . .


No comments: