Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sheetrock

Yesterday May 1st, was Cassie's Birthday.  I am a complete JERK and woke up, got ready for lunch, kissed her goodbye and forgot to tell her happy birthday!  It wasn't till I got to work and started filling out dates on forms and realized I was in deep shit!  So I called and started off with I'm sorry and of course she knew and said it was okay . . . so I've decided she has to take the good with the bad, I am good at planning and making memorable moments i.e. the engagement, but I have some work to do on remembering the little things.  She said she would forgive me and never think twice about it . . . I heard about it later that night incase you were wondering.  I decided to make it up to her I would take her to lunch and let her pick.  After being at work for about 2 hours I left for the day and ran over to Kroger for some last minute gift giving supplies.  I picked out a singing card, and some naturally planted Gerber Daisies (her favorite flower of all time).  She always complains that she does not like receiving flowers because they die, and are a waste of money, but there are small ones planted in dirt, so hopefully they will last a little longer.  At lunch Cassie ordered her favorite greek salad and I got the special.  The special was a kobe beef burger with caramelized onions and mozzarella cheese, it was delicious (I decided I could eat whatever I wanted because it was Cassie's birthday).  After lunch, I sent her on her way with a kiss and I was off to my Friday training.  Each Friday all of the Harvey newbies get together at the main office for a few hours or war stories and tips for certain parts of the job.  They are usually pretty good and we hopefully learn from the owner's mistakes so we don't have to make them ourselves.  After training I ran by the house and picked up Cassie for dinner.  We planned on meeting Mom and Kimber at Cheddars and we were a little early, but I wanted to beat the traffic on the Gulf Freeway.  As we were heading down we passed Harold Reese Jewlers and Cassie reminded me we still needed to pick out our rings and I so without blinking an eye I took the next exit and said sounds like a plan, let's take care of it.  I think I caught her off guard and she wasn't in the right mid-set to make this decision, but we would at least take a gander at what they had to offer.  Well if you don't know how Cassie is, let me tell you . . . she can be very stubborn.  At first she didn't like anything she saw and had her mind made up with a ring she saw in San Angelo.  Well after a little coaxing and some encouragement she decided to start looking around at the other rings and we found a very good match for her ring.  I tried to talk her into getting taking her stone out and putting it in a matching set but she shut me down.  After talking with Mr. Reese for a few minutes he tried to talk her into it aswell, but she's holding strong.  I picked out a simple gold band, no frills, no diamonds, just plain and simple.  I think it's very similar to my Dad's first wedding ring . . . I say first because I think he has gone through 3 of them to date.  After doing a little damage to the credit cards, we headed down to Cheddars and enjoyed a very good dinner with Mom and Kimber.  Mom got Cass some shopping money for the honeymoon, and Kimber got her a very nice charm bracelet from James Avery, which she absolutely loves.  


This morning I slept in late . . . till 10:30, it has been a very long time since I have slept in past 10:00.  After some much needed sleep we got ready and went out to tackle some errands we needed to get done.  First we ran over to the Best Buy to pick up a few things.  Cassie is also seriously looking for a dinning room table for the house so we went by a few stores before Panera Bread for lunch.  After a decent salad and some very good bread we checked out eh table options at the IKEA, typically a more modern design than either of us care for, but there was one contender.  After IKEA we stopped by the house and picked up the camera for a ride out to the new house.  After walking with Matt ast week he told me that sheetrock would start Saturday and that the brick should be delivered by Friday afternoon and they might start laying brick on Saturday.  When we got out to the house about 2:30 all the sheetrock had been hung, and they were 75% done with the 1st coat of mud.  They flew through that house, but it's possible they put up the sheetrock yesterday.  

After checking out the house I came back and sat by the pool for a while and Cassie squeezed in a nap.  I am starting to look pretty white compared to Cassie who has been spending some time in the tanning beds so I soaked in some rays.  

Go check out all of the new pic's it's easier to see the division with the sheetrock for you novice visionaries.   


1 comment:

ITSquire said...

Ok ok thats enough boy ;) and it's my forth ring thank you very much:). Hey I have been in construction all my life and they tend to get in the way when you are hammering nails, pulling electrical cables and such. you will learn.... oh and mom never complains.

Love
Dad