Thursday, April 23, 2009

Being Sick Sucks

The title pretty much sums it up.  This past weekend while we were in San Angelo, I started getting a sore throat after the first night of sleeping in the hotel.  Now I'm not blaming it on the hotel, but it was pretty odd.  This week it has gone from a sore throat to feeling like crap, coughing my head off and some serious congestion.  This morning I slept in and tried to regain some energy and it seemed to help.

After a long day of work I drove out to the house to check on the progress.  Today the windows were installed, minus the one on the back wall where we have a small issue with the fireplace.  The alarm system was roughed-in, which means they ran all of the wire and put the security panel in, the TV and Data cable was also run.

Not much going on besides that, I had a lot of cleaning to do with Cassie gone.  A very interesting phenomenon occurs when Cassie leaves town that I'm having trouble wrapping my head around.  For some reason the clothes pile up all over the house, take-out containers clutter the coffee table, and a stench lingers in the air . . . this never happen when Cassie is in-town.  I have a plan though, I'm going to put up surveillance cameras to catch the perp who's doing this.

Preparation for the wedding is going well.  Cassie ordered a few more things, the list continues to grow and we are ironing out all of the details.  Most of you know I can be pretty opinionated, and I'm not sure Cassie and her Mom alway appreciate my opinion about the wedding things, but I remind them it could be a lot worse.

The weekend ahead should eventful as always.  We are going out with Megan and Ty for dinner and a birthday celebration tomorrow evening, then we are headed down to Texas City for a Star Wars marathon with Mom.  After it came on last weekend and Cassie admitted she had never seen them, we decided a long day of lounging was in order.  Sunday we plan on going out to the house for some minor preparation for speakers after we move in.  I'm going to run wire incase we decide to put in a surround sound system later on down the road.

That's all for now.  If you haven't watched The Office this week, your behind on your laughter quota, go get caught up.




No comments: