Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Life as Usual

Last week I left off not feeling too well, but I'm getting better.  The guys at work have been giving me a hard time about spreading the swine flu around the office, I still have a cough though so I'm not out of the water yet.

This weekend Cassie and I ran down to Mom's to hang out and watch some Star Wars . . . Cassie was not impressed and I think we only made it through half of the first one.  None of us were in the mode to really watch movies, so we played with the dogs and I mowed the back yard. 

Saturday evening Cassie and I went over to our friends Clayton and Kristina's, they got married in November and this was their first get together as a married couple.  We had some really good BBQ sausage, chicken and burgers.  Cassie and I took an olive and cheese tray.  Cassie had a really good time talking with all of the girls, a few of them are teachers so they had plenty to talk about.  There were a few guys from work there and the others are in construction so there was plenty of trash talk about who's company is better and who is doing better in this economy.  
Sunday Cassie and I headed to the Home Depot for some wiring supplies for the new house.  I got the bright idea to wire the house for surround sound in the living room and speakers throughout the rest of the house.  The only problem was I didn't really know what I was doing, so I called our A/V consultant late Friday and got about 10 minutes of verbal instruction.  So Cassie and I set out to wire and the first plan was just to run the conduit for everything and then run wire later, well that didn't work so we moved on to plan B.  We decided to wire just the living room for surround sound and that was enough, it took half the day and by 4 we were pretty tired and ready to go home.  One perk was that the ladder I had was too short and so we had to go and get a taller ladder, I still had a Home Depot gift card so we got one of the Little Giant knock off's.  It's a pretty cool ladder that makes about 15 different set-ups and extends to 22'.  

Tomorrow I have a pre-sheetrock walk-through with the builder to make sure we are good with the location of all the plugs and data ports.  I also have a few questions about some other things im not crazy about.  My experience can be a hinderance sometime, but I have high expectations and I want to make sure we are getting the best home our money can buy.

Work is winding down a little, two of the guys have left because their projects are wrapped up so it is getting a little quitter around the office.  I am keeping busy though and getting involved with the project across the street.  

That's all for now, I will upload some pictures soon.

No comments: