Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Sticks are in the Air

So the common verbiage for residential construction is Sticks and Bricks.  Well we have part one of that phase in action.  Today Cassie and I ran out to the house to sign the change order for the selections we made for our house.  Yesterday they dropped the framing pack and I anticipated seeing some progress today and I was right.  The framers are about 3/4 of the way complete and it's pretty cool seeing it come together.  Cassie was blown away by how much had been done in the last two days, I am used to seeing it, but it was cool to be experiencing it on my own home.  After checking out the framing, we went to talk with Mike.  Earlier in the day he called to tell me that the company they used for cabinets has changed due to some delivery problems they have been having.  The new cabinets are supposedly an upgrade product, something they typically use in their 500+ product.  After signing the paperwork and finishing up the chit chat with Mike I decided we would go by the Huntington Model to see the cabinets in person.  Cassie was not in love with them, but I think they are a better quality so I guess we will need to pick out a new color in the next few days.  Pictures are up!

Cassie and I are about to pack for the weekend, she is pouting because it is nine o'clock and I have not packed a thing.  Cassie has to have everything planned out and taken care of way in advance so I am going to wait to pack till the morning just to get even.  

There is a lot going on this weekend, so I will catch you all up when I get back to town.  Cassie is going to stay (if she can manage to be away from me fore more than a few days) in San Angelo for a week and then fly back to Houston next week.  

Have a great weekend!

No comments: