Tuesday, April 7, 2009

House Selections

A few weeks ago Cassie and I met with the interior designer that was set up to help us make out selections for the interior finishes.  If you remember me talking about this earlier, I mentioned it wasn't too bad.  Cassie and I pretty much agreed on the color scheme and we only disagreed on a few things, but we both made a compromise or two and got through it.  I'm glad we get a long so well, it make life much easier.  The PICTURES are a little more yellow than they really are generally speaking.  I tried to adjust the white balance, and it depends on the monitor your viewing them on, but trust me they do not look as gold in person.  The tile is basically neutral, but has a rough edge that makes it look more like stone.  The cabinets are very dark and that's a cool contemporary look Cassie and I prefer.  The granite is the one the looks very different in the pictures in my opinion.  After I took the pictures and viewed them, I looked back and it almost looks gold in the pic's, but it's really a cream color.  So we are pretty stoked about the house if you couldn't tell.  

On other fronts, Cassis is still in San Angelo.  She is working her little butt off on wedding things and school, trying to accomplish as much as she can before returning to Houston on Friday.  She decided that two weeks was just too long to be away from me, so the original plan is out the window. . .  I know, I know we were just there this weekend and I thought that would appease her, but obviously it did not.  We will all be going back to San Angelo the following weekend for another wedding shower as well as meeting with the cake people and the caterer. 

Invitations are in, they look really sharp.  I was a little hesitant when I first saw them, but I only saw one piece of the puzzle and all together the invitations are pretty cool.  The list is becoming an animal in itself. Adding names, making corrections, e-mailing it to everyone who has people on it, trying not to forget people, sending it to all of the people who need it for showers . . . that freekin list is something I dread.  I already made a mistake and accidentally left a few people off when we were sending lists back and forth so I hope we do not make that mistake again.

Work is giving me a little heart burn right now.  We are winding down on some of the specialty floors that were separate from the majority of the tenant improvement floors.  The building consists of 50 floors and a few of them are executive, conference and cafeteria. The rest of the floors are basic, they have offices around the perimeter and core walls, or they have cubicles throughout the floor.  They have a lot of cool things that are much more impressive than most office buildings, but none the less they are nothing like the specialty floors.  Back to the point.  With these specialty projects ending soon there are a lot of loose ends that are getting lost in the mix.   All of the projects run together on the same logs and same paperwork, but they have different PM's that are leaving the project.  A few weeks ago I brought this up and we started wrapping our heads around the amount of work that needs to be done to close out the project and that means I have a lot of work to do.  In the middle of my office we have a stack of stuff that has been moved so many times, and been the responsibility of so many people that I will basically be starting over.  We have a submittal log with over 1000 items on it, and my job is to take that pile of mess, and clean it up.  We have submittals missing, rejected and needing approval, never submitted when they needed to be . . . it's just a pile of junk.  This means over the next few weeks I am going to be very stressed out and working late to get things in order.  When I first started in June of last year I has a similar project to tackle and I have that on track, but this one is a much greater task, and the main problem is that it started three years ago when the project started and I have no clue what three quarters of it is.  Okay, enough of me complaining.  

So back to work and back to the fun things in life.  Enjoy the pictures and feel free to leave comments.

No comments: