Sunday, April 5, 2009

King of Surprises

Friday afternoon around 12:00 when Mom had made it home for lunch she gave me a buzz to ask a favor.  She has a few honey do's building up since Dad left and she was hoping to get me to come down this weekend and help around the house.  I had actually already thought about it and planned to go down there, but Cassie was getting in the way.  I talked with Cassie on Thursday evening and she was acting all sad and depressed that I wasn't there, and she was missing me so I was really torn.  I know Mom really wanted to go to San Angelo for her shower, and I wanted to be there to enjoy the weekend as well.  I had to tell Mom sorry, I wouldn't be able to come down to Texas City this weekend, because I was going to San Angelo and wanted her to come with me.  She was pretty shocked, but said she would see what she could do to get off.  She threw a bag together on her lunch break and loaded the car and was able to leave work around 4.  So mom calls around 4:30 to tell me she is a few miles away from 610 and I said no problem you should be here in about 15 minutes give or take.  We decided to eat at the new Freebids that just opened up in out new shopping center and I was headed over to eat before she got there so I could drive and she could eat in the car.  About 30 minutes later I gave her a call . . . . Mom, are you lost?  Of course she was, she informed me she had entered Josh's work on her GPS instead of Josh's Home, okay, no problem it's only 6 minutes away she should be here soon.  About 20 minutes later . . . Mom are you still lost?  "YES! I'm across the highway, and I can see your apartment, but I don't know how to get over there!"  So finally she found the Walgreens near my house and I told her to stay put, I would come and get her.  About 30 minutes later, we were on the road to San Angelo, me very frustrated but taking deep breath's.  So I cooled off and we got to talking, we stopped along the way to get Mom a bite to eat and finally made it to San Angelo shortly before 1 am.  Before we left I jumped on to priceline to reserve a hotel room and that was a bad mistake.  I have had pretty good luck with there name your own price feature, but only in major cities.  I thought I would give it a try for San Anglo, but we got stuck at the La Quinta, I suppose it was worth the 50 bucks, but not a cent more.  I will not make that mistake again.

The next morning we got up around 7, excited about surprising Cassie.  I called Candy the night before and had her start talking about numbers to throw Cassie off and informed her of our devious ways.  We arrived at the house around nine and they were all upstairs in the master bath getting ready.  I nocked on the door and put my hand in the crack with the newspaper waving it around.  Cassie stopped blow drying her hair and turned around and her mouth just dropped and she ran to me.  The night before I had given he such a line of bull about being at a work function with Dan and then going out to a bar with a buddy of mine, and she believed every word of it.  She was floored that I had made it and was just as excited to see Mom.  She ran downstairs to give Mom a hug and then finished getting ready.  The girls all went off to the shower that Betty (Lee's Daughter) was throwing for her and us guys (Lee, Josh (Melinda's Josh) and Me) sat around talking till it was time to go pick up the loot.  Click HERE for more Pic's

The girls had a great time, the event went off without a hitch and we were given some very nice gifts.  A huge thank you to everyone for their love and support, starting our life together is going to be much easier with all the help.  The rest of the weekend we relaxed and enjoyed the company, worked on the wedding list some more, we have to get those baby's out in a few weeks so we are trying to get it wrapped up.  This morning we went to 1215 for a quick breakfast and then got back on the road.  It was a very short weekend, but well worth the effort!  

On the way back to Houston Mom and I decided to go by the new house to see if the lot had been cleared yet.  When we met with Matt last week, he told us it was on the schedule so we assumed it would be cleared.  We dropped by the apartment to get Mom's car and then headed over to Fall Creek.  The lot was indeed scrapped and it looks even larger.  We were able to get a corner lot (the last one) and we knew it was larger than most of the lots, but it is very clear once they are scrapped and staked.  The lots in this section are 50' wide and about 110-120 feet deep.  This lit being on the corner is 60' and it has a 15 foot easement for the sidewalk, so it's gigantic compared to the little 50' lot next door.  It was supposed to have a 5,000 premium on it, but our Sales rep threw it in for free.  So the lot is scrapped and over the next week they will begin setting the forms.  I promise to keep this updated with news and pic's. CLICK HERE for More Pic's


UPDATE: 9:13 . . . phone ringing . . . "Yes Darling?"  "Hey! what is this about we went over to 1215 for a quick breakfast?!!  Shouldn't it read we went over to 1215 for a world Famous delicious egg casserole that had been slaved over for hours before we arrived.  And shouldn't you say how delicious and beautiful Cassie's fruit salad was with all the colors?"  . . . So there you go, it was the best breakfast I have had all day and I won't forget it!  Thanks for keeping me on track Momma Gregston!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I think is so funny... is you said.. "The best breakfast i had had ALL day!" haha wow.. I'd hope so fatty! :D

Josh said...

yeah, that was the point of the joke, I'm glad you got it.