Wednesday, April 15, 2009

down day

So life is taking us through the ringer.  The last few weeks have really been challenging with everything going on and I am mentally exhausted.  The funny thing is that is has nothing to do with the house, the wedding or anything that it should be related to. Funny how you can prepare for one thing and put your guard down everywhere else in anticipation for what you think is going to go wrong and then it's the opposite.  Work has been very challenging the past few days, I am getting very mixed feelings about the impression I am leaving on my boss and that's frustrating. . . Moving on.

The house is coming along.  Last night Cassie, Ty, Megan and  went out to dinner at Star Pizza to relax and have a good time, it was a much needed break from all the stress.  Afterwards we drove out to the house to check on the progress, but not much had happened.  Last week I got a general schedule from Matt the builder and I thought they would be dropping the frame pack yesterday, which would have meant the walls would be up by the end of the day, but that apparently did not happen.  

We plan on going out tomorrow evening to sign some paperwork to finalize the deal and check to see where they are at.  I will take the camera and put some pictures up.  We are also in the process of trying to lock in an interest rate for the mortgage.  I am working with the mortgage company that Highland Homes is in partnership with and we are obviously trying to get the best rate.  The big challenge is that rates are anything but constant, they can change as many as three time in one day so it's very hard to gauge.  I have been relying on a website www.mortgagenewsdaily.com for information about the industry and the rates.  They have a ton of information and resources that can influence the rates, so it's been helpful.  For the most part we are looking at between a 4.5 and 5 % rate and comparatively that is outstanding.  MiMi was telling me a few weeks ago that 40 some odd years ago they purchased their home in Texas City for the same rate, and Mom told me that their first home on 3rd was at 16%.  The market is ever changing and always interesting, but I think this is a great time to buy and a great time to lock in at a low interest rate.

Well we are preparing for another weekend in San Angelo.  Cassie has another wedding shower to go to, and I will plan on showing up at the end for another round  of applause . . . I don't know if I mentioned it, but the last time I was there for a shower, when I showed up at the end Candy introduced me and they all started clapping . . . VERY awkward. But what can I say I am a pretty cool dude and any girl would be so lucky to be with me (I'm gonna be in trouble for that statement, I will let you know how bad the beating is) .  So it should be a good relaxing weekend besides all of the driving, I know Mom is looking forward to spending more time with us and enjoying some time with Cassie doing wedding things.  

I hope everyone is having a great week, and please do not get worried by the first paragraph, it just reminds me of a new county song on the radio that's chorus is "It sounds like life to me"  that's what is is, just life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: